For 35 years the New York School of Urban Ministry has trained over 40 thousand urban leaders in “Hands on” compassion ministry.
Here are some of the ways NYSUM is able to reach the poor the needy and disenfranchised.
NYSUM partners with pastors, churches, and numerous ministries throughout NYC.
Homeless in NYC
Feeding the Homeless
- We feed approximately 30,000 homeless people annually through our Food Truck and Compassion Ministry Outreaches with hot food, hot chocolate, and emergency resources
-Operation Drumstick, our Thanksgiving Outreach serving 5,000 turkey dinners with all the trimming to the poor and needy of NYC.
Meals per year
NYSUM Food Pantry
- Annually our food pantry serves bags of groceries to approximately 6,850 seniors and hurting families in the Astoria area of NYC. These groceries feed a family of 3 which comes to 20,550 meals per year provided.
Personal Care Packages
- We supply thousands of toiletry packets that are distributed by our students, staff, and short term missionaries to the homeless of NYC along with other clothing: hats, socks, coats etc.
Women pampered in shelters.
– We bless 500 battered women in NYC Shelters with pedicures, manicures, & brand new women’s clothing/outfits valued at $100,000
Toys for kids in shelters.
NYSUM Toy Drive
– Annually, we distribute 3,000 new toys to inner city children, living in City Shelters, making dreams come true at Christmas.